A diesel generator produces power by using a diesel engine to derive an alternator, or electric generator. The engine’s power as reflected in RPMs is transformed by the alternator to a usable electric current which is then distributed to households, commercial building, or construction sites that are connected to a network. Diesel Generators, also known as Gen-Sets can make nonstop electric power at constant voltage, or current flow with no spikes and sags. Continuous power supply is very crucial to businesses and large scale industries. That is why they are reliable power source. This is one of the least expensive machines available to provide power often at the best price compared to other portable sources, including gasoline and propane generator, or fuel cells.
Diesel generators are used in remote locations, and when homes, transport ships, buildings and construction sites don’t have direct access to a utility power. They can also be used to provide an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS). When the power grid suffers an outage; they can be a back up and provide redundancy. With it, businesses, and hospitals especially, can maintain their operations and retain instruments used, and airports preserve their system integrity. These generators are used for continuous power supply and with a few machine components, it require less maintenance and repairs. factory direct generators
Advantages of using diesel generators.
• Compared to other types of generators, they have fewer moving components making them easy to maintain and repair.
• Power supply is adequate. Compared to the regular supply of utility power where it occasionally experience spikes and sags, they can continuously produce voltage flow without the spikes and sags.
• Diesel generators help in the regulating power fluctuations. Electrical current spikes can cause severe damage to electrical appliances and devices.
• Diesel engines are more durable compared to gasoline engines and other mobile electricity resources.
• Diesel engines’ can work for long hours and can cool down faster.
• Diesel fuel is cheaper than other hydro carbonic fluids. Using diesel in power generators can save 28% to 30% of operating costs.
• Depending on the power needs, diesel generators are easily accessed in most structural types. You can acquire moveable or portable generators, home diesel generators and other types of diesel generator.
• Maintenance. They are less expensive compared to gasoline generators. It has no ignition system and it is easily maintained via routine check such as oil change.
– The most common cause of damage to diesel generators is when they are under loaded. They can perform most effectively when they operate at high capacity approximately 70% of the maximum load. When used at low capacity tasks like only 10% of the voltage load, they start to build up carbon and internal glazing which in the long run will create soot and residue from unused fuel. These can accumulate and will clog the generator’s piston rings.